another dripping bath-tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone can assist me in how to change a o-ring/washer in my mixer tap.The hot water side is dripping constantly but i will change both sides together.
I have done a single one many years ago but with this new type of mixer tap i would not know where to start.
I have a picture of the tap enclosed in y images.
Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Prise off the top with a thin blade undo the usually pzi screw pull the control head off, unscrew the shroud taking care not to damage it, using a spanner unscrew the body. obvoiusly before this youve turned the water off and drained it. usually you can just turn the washer around (take it off put it back on back to front) job done longest part is waiting for the water to drain.

It looks like you need to remove the tiny grub screw located in the tap head and then tap off the cross head with a screwdriver handle (quite an old fashioned/traditional idea and put in the sink plug first so you won't lose it down the plughole!LOL).
Then unscrew the chrome shield (anticlockwise).
You will then have to turn the water off before removing the tap head from the base, this is usually quite tight.
Then select the correct washer from your selection of mixed washer bag and prise off the old washer and replace.
Then just reverse the procedure for reassembly.
It may not need a washer and could be a bit of dirt that's got on the seating!
Good luck.

Dont think you'll have a grub screw, judging by the picture at the top of the tap where its marked with a H or C it should just prise out with a thin blade !!

Sponsored Links
Dont think you'll have a grub screw, judging by the picture at the top of the tap where its marked with a H or C it should just prise out with a thin blade !!

Go back to the image, then left click on it to expand the image and then take a look on the left tap head and you will clearly see the grub screw!!

You blind fool
:D

Go back to the image, then left click on it to expand the image and then take a look on the left tap head and you will clearly see the grub screw!!

You blind fool
:D

I am a fool cos I looked it aint there cos its not there, the top prises off
A pint on it ! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back