Another example of how cash strapped councils waste money

Sponsored Links
Personalities aside mcdonnel and corbin seemed to be very parsimonious. Corbin claimed bare minimum expenses and certainly didn't milk the system.
Corbyn was a joke.

The bloke I really wanted to remember was the one who declared the immigration service as "not fit for purpose".
2006, John Reid. What happened to him - wrists slapped for offending someone?
I looked him up. Communist, Catholic and a Lord. Oh well never mind him then.

Wow! After all the posts of mine you’ve twisted.

All of your lies, you’re after a win this badly.

Have it then. I posted incorrectly and it it came across wrong.

That’s NOT AN APOLOGY.

For the record/ After schools and hospitals etc, roads should be prioritised.
Figures show around 66% of council budgets go on adult and children social care.

That's compulsory, priority. In front of everything.

So around 33% for everything else.

Sponsored Links
Corbyn was a joke.

The bloke I really wanted to remember was the one who declared the immigration service as "not fit for purpose".
2006, John Reid. What happened to him - wrists slapped for offending someone?
I looked him up. Communist, Catholic and a Lord. Oh well never mind him then.
He stood by Galoway as they were both members of that party back in the day. He did sod all for the raf when there were problems with fuel tanks exploding on the bigger cargo planes in afganistarn

Figures show around 66% of council budgets go on adult and children social care.

That's compulsory, priority. In front of everything.

So around 33% for everything else.
That plus funding cuts means council funding in it's current form is unsustainable - all of them.

Top of our street has some serious potholes. Plenty of people have complained but apparently they don’t have the money to fix them. This morning, they came and repainted the centre line markings, the double yellows and the '20mph’ signs on the road surface and the painting is actually going into many potholes!

Here you go. Cracking job. :rolleyes:

View attachment 336712

Just had a letter from the local authority. On the 24/25th of this month the whole road is being resurfaced. They are starting at 8.30pm and expect to finish by 6.00 am the following day. Unbelievably, some people are complaining that they won’t get a good nights sleep! You just can’t please some people.

Just had a letter from the local authority. On the 24/25th of this month the whole road is being resurfaced. They are starting at 8.30pm and expect to finish by 6.00 am the following day. Unbelievably, some people are complaining that they won’t get a good nights sleep! You just can’t please some people.
Unless the road is not that long you can't get much done in that time...

We had a similar night job done, but it was known as 'road dressing'...

Pot holes reappeared within months!

Unless the road is not that long you can't get much done in that time...

We had a similar night job done, but it was known as 'road dressing'...

Pot holes reappeared within months!
We've been sent a copy the schedule of works. It says "Mill out to 40mm. Provide and lay 40mm TSCS10 (Fibrovia tempera) 858sq.m". So I’m assuming it is going to be ripped up and relaid. A quick Google seems to suggest it is a proper resurfacing job.

Sponsored Links
Back