Another fence question

R

roberta1000

I want to erect a wooden closeboarded fence. I'd like if possible to fit the rails flush with the front face of the posts to keep the thickness of the fence down a bit (limited space at the side of a path). Does anyone know where I might be able to get galvanised brackets to fit 3x2 rails between the posts? (A bit like the arris rail brackets but for square section, not angled).

If this is a non-starter I'll just nail the rails across the front of the posts but it will overhang the path a bit more.

Sponsored Links
Have you considered simply housing the rails into the posts? I'm assuming here that you are using wooden posts?

get the posts ready morticed from the supplier and ended arris rails. Much stronger than the brackets and will give a flush finish. Its the standard way of doing closeboard

get the posts ready morticed from the supplier and ended arris rails. Much stronger than the brackets and will give a flush finish. Its the standard way of doing closeboard

Didn't know you could get them like that. I'll ring and ask. My last house (in Kent) was done like that but it doesn't seem so common up here and I've not seen the 45 degree cut rails either, usually just 3x2 or 4x1.5s.

Maybe I could just rout a mortice an inch or so deep across the face of the posts.

Sponsored Links
back to the home john. and just out of intrest we are doing a concrete closeboard system at the moment and its awful to do and look s awful as well.

a bit of dark brown masonry paint will make it look perfect

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back