Another Fiesta Encore with Stalling / Idling problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I have seen many posts on here ref the above problem and need more help.

R Reg 1996 Fiesta 1.3 Encore.

Has recently suddenly started stalling at Traffic lights and today when dipping the clutch to slow towards a roundabout and on the roundabout when coasting before changing down. (Her indoors not impressed!)

So Far I have replaced the ISCV (90 notes from Fords), I have a new Oil filler cap and replaced the breather pipes to the cap, (Found the T Piece broken so thought I had a result! - was OK for about 6 weeks). There is "Mayo" in and around the filler cap as she only does short trips 10 -15 mins average. I also tightened all the rocker cover bolts which were loose. I have a new Air Filter and even replaced the foam bit in the filter case.

The next plan is the Coolant Temp Sensor and finding the ECU and taking it out and checking for water / corrosion and taking the opportunity to disconnect it to reset it.

Any Other thoughts?

Tel

Sponsored Links
Tels

Did you resolve this? If so, any chance you can let me know what the conclusion was? Based on some good advice from userid 141 I am going to check my stepper motor for similar probs on a ford fiesta, but just interested how u got on.

its difficult to guess at these faults,if your handy with the spanners you could get yourself a multimeter and test the sensors to see if the values are within limits,someone here should be able to get the values from an autodata book for you,the throttle position sensor is one component that can cause these issues

Sponsored Links
Back