Another Halstead Ace High Overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 6 yera old maybe a bit more Halstead Ace, has always given us a few issues with hot water.

I had to drain CH system down to replace a rad valve, and refilled, not sure if its is related but ill mention it any way.

Boiler has no problems with hot water on demand is hot and pretty consistent, used to lock out (Red Light) prior to valve change but has worked very well for a while, i belive this was due to valve leaking and depressurizing system, now it stable at 1.5 bar.
Heating how ever will go through start up and burner light for about 10 to 15 secs the cuts out no indicator light pressure is fine. my plumber friend tested usual stuff APS, pump, etc( all working as works with Hot water)
Checked the thermister and reads correctly, checked with a spare not in water cavity and boiler worked well and went into over heat.
Thinks it sludged up causeing CH overheating, going to be pouring x800 in system later and a flush in a day or so. i suspect the inhibitor is all but gone due to amount of refills boiler has had.

any advice given will be apreacvhiated

Sponsored Links
these are a nasty boiler to fault find on , technocal help line is £1.20 a min & the parts are a joke . I would get shut of it if it continues to play up unless its something basic to repair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back