Another Hive install question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, like most people who do a google search and end up here I've just registered to ask a question regarding my hive installation

My boiler is a combi Biasi M96.sm28/c

here is the wiring diagram
https://ibb.co/NSnYt21

upload_2020-3-5_17-50-26.png

Is it as simple a taking power ( L - E - N ) from the upper block that powers the boiler, disconnecting the old dial type drayton thermostat from terminals 3 and 1 and connecting these to the Hive receiver ?

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
It must be a single channel Hive, The dual channel Hive internally connects 230 volts to it's switch contacts. This will damage the PCB in your boiler.

Sponsored Links
If your boiler has an internal timer, this will have to be set to constantly on, and the hive will override it, if you dont set it to constantly on they will conflict with each other

cheers, Ian .. I worked this out after I'd finished installing and it wouldn't fire up.. thanks for the help everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back