Another HIVE dual Channel Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

Im going to install a hive dual channel to a Worcester Green star Boiler, Before I go ahead is the below picture showing where each terminal goes in the Hive receiver correct

SO Earth to Earth, remove both coupling, Then now empty L Terminal to L terminal on Hive, Empty N Terminal To N Terminal on Hive, LR Heating to Terminal 3, DO i connect LR Water to any terminal and is anything I am missing
20230114_160212.jpg

Sponsored Links
A worcester green star boiler is like asking for advice on a ford car, there are hundreds of them, which one do you have ? if using a dual channel Hive, the hive does not connect to the boiler ever, looking at your panel in your pic looks like a Combi if it is you have bought the wrong Hive but can still be used , but we need more information

A worcester green star boiler is like asking for advice on a ford car, there are hundreds of them, which one do you have ? if using a dual channel Hive, the hive does not connect to the boiler ever, looking at your panel in your pic looks like a Combi if it is you have bought the wrong Hive but can still be used , but we need more information

Hi yes it is a combi, Worcester 30i boiler. would it be easier to return to the hive, or how can it be used?

Your problem is the boiler you have can switch 240v or voltage free, the dual channel hive can not do voltage free, so could cause serious expensive damage to your boiler, if you havent opened it return it and swap it for a single channel, if you cant return it it can still be used but will mean opening at the boiler end so we can see what is wired in where, post a pic of the control facia on your boiler

Sponsored Links
Your problem is the boiler you have can switch 240v or voltage free, the dual channel hive can not do voltage free, so could cause serious expensive damage to your boiler, if you havent opened it return it and swap it for a single channel, if you cant return it it can still be used but will mean opening at the boiler end so we can see what is wired in where, post a pic of the control facia on your boiler
Thank you, will return the hive and replace with the single channel

Thank you, will return the hive and replace with the single channel
That is best, when you get it come back and we will help you install it but please post a pic of your existing boiler control panel so we can see what you have

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back