Another microbore blocked radiators problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Same as thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/microbore.67541/

I have some of my radiators with microbore system and twin valves blocked.
How to fix the problem? I thought the problem was with the system being full of sludge so i had a full flush done but that did not fix the problem.

All I can see online is how to clean a standard radiator

But I have no clue on what to do regarding the twin valve system or the insertion pipe.

This is how my valves and rads look like

Sponsored Links
What makes you think the radiator is blocked? Much more likely is that the injector pipe has fallen off or corroded away. Best option is to get everything re-piped to have one valve at either end of the radiator

What makes you think the radiator is blocked? Much more likely is that the injector pipe has fallen off or corroded away. Best option is to get everything re-piped to have one valve at either end of the radiator
I am indeed thinking about changing the rads to a normal two entry system. Amend the pipework to have a standard entry on one side with thermostatic valves and the exit on the other side
What I would like to avoid is to have to repipe the whole system but in the meantime I was wondering if flushing the radiators manually would be a fix at all and how to go about it.

Sponsored Links
You'll need to remove the plug from the opposite end of the radiator to the valve if you want to flush it with a hosepipe. By thre time you've done that, you may as well put a valve in there rather than replacing the plug, then extend one pipe along underneath the radiator to connect it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back