Another Overheating Boiler

Will try bypass valve fully open when I get back fom work tonight.

To clarify there is only 1 2 way valve in the heating circuit, the hot water circuit always has flow, eventually plan on implementing s-plan system with additional zone valve in hot water circuit.

With current setup cylinder stat will only really work to turn off boiler when running in hot water only mode, if heating is selected as well as long as the room stat is calling for heat the boiler will remain on and continue to heat hot water in cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for eveyone who has posted a reply to my problem, tried everything but still over heated.

In a last ditch effort I removed the cover off the boiler and lo and behold the boiler thermostat was dangling there instead of being cliped onto the flow pipe, the boiler must have been running flat out thinking the water had never reached tempreature.

Since clipping the thermostat back onto the flow pipe in the boiler overheating has stopped and now have a lot more control over tempreature of radiators and hot water, when boiler lights stays on for much shorter periods also.

Not sure if the CORGI regsitered engineer who fitted the boiler forgot to clip it on or somehome managed to knock it off although it is quite a firm fit on the pipe.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back