Another Pebbledash Query.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My pebbledashed detached house is in need of a paint over as the rendering has a patchwork effect where a lot of the pebbledash has dropped off over the 13 years since build.

Having researched the coverage qualities of a number of brands, what % should I cater for 'rendering absorption'?. They only seem to advise a 'lower coverage per tin' for bare rendering. I was looking to use smooth masonary paint as the rendering/pebbledash is sufficiently 'textured'.

Sponsored Links
Your right to stick to the smooth stuff..the textured masonry paint doent go as far and also traps moisture thus cause more mould algae growth on the surface

It isnt only absorbtion that causes the paint not to go very far its the surface area too, given the peaks and valleys on the surface you can more or less double the actual surface area that you need to cover...think of straightning out a piece of corrugated sheeting.

An average 5 litre tin of mansonry paint covers 50-60 m2..you can cut that down to about 10-15 deepending on the roughness of your walls and the application techniques

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back