(Another) question about shower pump brands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I looked at some old threads regarding recommended shower pumps and they seem to agree on Salamander or Stuart Turner. So, off to Screwfix.co.uk to have a look, and I see the reviews for Salamander are pretty varied, with pumps failing multiple times in short order, and Salamander aftersales support difficult to deal with. On the other hand, currently little or no reviews for Stuart Turner.

What I need is a negative head pump capable of running two showers, but not at the same time. To me that means any ordinary pump (I mean, "not specifically a dual shower unit") will do. I only need 1.5 bar. At the moment I have a Bristan Varispeed 50 which is not triggering because the incoming pressure is a bit marginal. Anyway, what are the current pump recommendations?

Thanks
JonB

Sponsored Links
Currently looking at Salamander CTFORCE 15 TU which has brass impeller / bodied design.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your replies, I will follow Exedon and muggles advice and get the ST Monsoon Universal. It costs £150 more than the Salamander though... but in this case, worth it.

Absolutely agree correctly fitted Stuart Turner monsoon way to go we fit nothing else.
To be blunt Salamander are crap.

And thst is key. The pump needs to be correctly fitted.
Stuart Turner make no exceptions.

If their pumps are not fitted correctly then they won't validate the warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back