Another question about UPVC window not sealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so maybe two questions. lol

Bathroom window isn't sealing in the bottom hand corner, opposite side to the handle. The hinges are on top and bottom of the window. Presumably this window is top hinged, not side hinged?

Secondly, the bottom corner does have some movement in it and I can just about see the screws holding the hinge to the window are loose. I've managed to tighten the one furthest from the corner but I can't get to the other because of the window sill.

When changing the hinges, is it a case of unscrewing the hinges from the frame (but still attached to the window), then replacing them on the window, then screwing the whole thing back on to the frame?

Thanks very much in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes to remove just take the screws out of the frame and take out the sash with the hinges attached.

Before you take it out though try greasing the corner taps on the hinges with some Vaseline (or grease) and opening and closing a few times it may solve your draft

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back