Another reason why our country is going down the pan.

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
Close........ :D

But I think one should regress to....say a 10 yr old! :p

Oh and it's related to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Just getting my own back :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I don't know about Bletchley Park or rebuilding Colussus Mk2..... But they've nearly finished extending opening hours at the Plough Inn ....

Can only regress to about 21, so how about 2,1
Thus differences digit to digit in original seq form recurring related seq of 1,-1,0,0

Keep the wind on your back Waran .... prevents getting your own back !!

P :D

actually was a bit simpler than that but you got the right answer.

it was just the number of vowels in the words spelling the numbers.

silly I know :oops: , but thought you code breaker types would figure it out. I'll give you a harder one next time.

Trouble is waran we can fit several answers, here is a neat one :-

The following sequence is made up of blocks of 2's separated by a 1, so that the nth block of 2's contains n 2's:
1; 2; 1; 2; 2; 1; 2; 2; 2; 1; 2; 2; 2; 2; 1; 2; 2; 2; 2; 2; 1; 2; ...

P

Sponsored Links
Do this sum in your head: Start with 1,000. Add 60. Add 2,000. Add 30. Add 1,000. Add 10

You may get a sum of 5000 ..... tis wrong though !!
Most will get it right.

P

4100?

I never get those "your brain thinks of this letter as a different sound" or "misses numbers out" puzzles... That's the problem with being a logical sort, you miss out on the fun :D

Adam, It sounds like you need dumbing down :D . Would recommend watching some reality TV. Big Brother would be quite therapeutic, then retry pipme's puzzles..................... ;)

Hey-up DJ, C where you are coming from ! No decimal points, just 1000 separators.

P

Write down any three-digit number, with different first and last digits. Reverse it. Note the new number. Subtract the smaller number from the larger one. Write down the answer. Reverse it (including the zero at the beginning if less than a hundred). Add together both numbers.

Can you achieve a result different than 1089 ?

P

david and julie said:
Did any of the you (older) guy's hear Jeremy Vine on radio 2 at lunchtime today. He was talking about the St George flags on cars for the euro football. He interviewed a guy who said he had imported over 500.000 of these flags from China for the main supermarkets. However due to the success of the sales they are running out of stock. He said we have now recieved our full order from China, and it looks like we will have to source some in the UK. Shame.

These flags were also been used to celebrate D Day at weekend, the old guy's must be turning in their graves.

And all those foreign cars they fly from............... :rolleyes:

I thought the same but didn't like saying.

You can't blame people really though. If it wasn't for the competition, UK cars would still be maxi's, marina's and the like. People don't always realise how much our home grown cars have improved.

That said, you also don't always know what your getting, I have an Astra, engine from Japan (Izuzu) most other bits seem to be German! I think they call them British because hey assemble them here.

There is not a truly British car in existence, unless you go to Lotus, Bentley, Morgan, TVR etc.. but even in those cases, is their running gear British, too? I don't know.

Even most Rovers are based on models co-developed with Honda.

Think the 75 was drawn up when BMW were in charge.
The City Rover is Indian.
Of course, Nissan, Honda, and Toyota all have UK plants, but are all the components UK-sourced?

Lotus is pretty much British - uses the Rover K series V V C unit also.

The new 'Mini' was designed in California by an American, and uses a Brazillian engine.

The most British of cars are generally still the Rovers/MG's - the 75 was designed here (with BMW cash) and designed with UK compenent suppliers in mind to ease reliance on the BMW supply chain.

And the MGF/TF is 100% blighty. We actually went down the British road again after being advised to buy an MX3 - which we did, only to have the gearbox explode after 25,000 miles. £2000 to fix. The leather seats did not last either. Japanese reliability?

Funny as it may sound, but the MGF is the most reliable and dependable motor I have ever had.

Yes, I too have had a lot of joy from BL. Don't laugh!!

I have owned three metro's, one maestro and two montys. All have done well over 100K with no majors, and one (the last monty a perkins diesel) did 160K before expiry. The cause of expiry in each vehicle's case?

No, the drivetrain and electrics* were fine. The bodywork let all of them down, esp. tops of doors and A & C pillar welds. Why were there welds on the pillars when all other mfrs avoid them? It took me ages to work this out. Cost.

Now, most cars rust at door bottoms cos thanks to Newton, thats where H2O settles, but of course BL have to do things differently!!

Maybe they were originally designed for the Australasian market...

*The only leccy fault I had was on the maestro, a 1600 S series with VW box. The EMU (must have been designed for the Australasian market with a bl*ody EMU under the bonnet!) gave up, and ARG wanted 100's to replace it so I took it to my mate who was a dab hand with a soldering iron and qualifs in electronics: he found a dry joint on the pcb and for 10p we bought a new resistor and everything was hunky dory!

Sponsored Links
Back