Another Texecom Premier Elite question re: timers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've almost got my Premier Elite 24 programmed how I want, my only issue now is I want to set the 'Bell Delay' timer either in the Area or Global settings to give a 10 seconds delay.

This will give my seperate GSM voice /text dialer a little time to send me the intruder call before the pottential burgular tries his luck pulling wires etc.

The bell delay option seems to only be in minutes rather than second's so the minimum delay I can set in 1 minute, this I feel is way too long, can the option be changed to seconds as I'd ideally like to set it to 10?

Sponsored Links
The delay is in minutes, so 1 minute delay. in global timers unless you changed to area in global, system config 05

you could just put the bell to go on confirmed, that mean the alarm will go through straight away via text, if they activate another zone you get you confirmed and the bell starts ringing.

has another advantage, you dont get the bell going off if just one zone activates for unknown reason. 9less likely to annoy neighbours.

cheers Hoover, think I'll leave it with no delay. The GSM unit is mounted inside the steel box with the alarm panel so any amateur or opertunist thief wont know it's existance anyway.

Trouble with confirmed is the burgular will be inside the house and moving about before the sounder operates. We had an attempted breakin 2 weeks ago (on the old 20+ year old panel I've replaced) they forced a window open in the kitchen but as soon as it was opened the PIR set the sounder off and they ran without even entering the house. On a confirmed they would have been in the kitchen and then moved to another room before an alarm.

Sponsored Links
Well if your alarm put them off thats a good advert for alarms and deterrents.

upto you how you want it to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back