Another Torbecks knackered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's the float valve in the toilet cistern. I think these Torbecks are getting dirt in them and then failing - looking through previous posts they seem to be prone to this problem.
So, I want a different make, one that isn't frightened of a bit of dirt.
Any ideas?
A proper plumber will be fitting it as my stopcock doesn't totally turn the water off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, Andy (that's 217)
They have Fluidmasters at B&Q but I didn't see any with brass shanks, whatever they are. Where can I get a Fluidmaster with a brass shank?
Also I've read in a previous post that Fluidmasters aren't that good with dirt either; presumably the brass shank makes all the difference.

Sponsored Links
Brass shank just means it's easy to get a seal with a red fibre washer. For a plastic one, use a rubber washer. You're right - matter in the water can block the valve regardless, better valves have a strainer in them.

Fluidmaster (one word) are as prone to suffering from debris in the water as any other float valve, but they are easier to clear than most.

If you do fit a Fluidmaster, check the instructions for this.

Opella, who make Torbeck valves is now owned by.....Fluidmaster UK Ltd.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back