ANSWERED - Location of Consumer Unit

Yum, Yum - MEM!

And I'm sure my mother has no objection to my looking at her electrical installation.

Sponsored Links
ziggs21 said:
Hmmm, now I'm not sure. I can't picture it in my head. It doesn't look much like John's picture. I'm sure he said he'd installed fuses but he may have been talking about the 100A switchfuse.

I'll take a photo tonight. If nothing else it'll give you a right good laugh at the state of the wiring. :LOL:

Well I took a better look and they are Henley blocks. I did take a picture but the batteries ran out on my camera and I didn't have enough time to recharge it this morning. Looks pretty awful though.

More on this just in case anyone is particularly interested...

We got our delivery of rewiring goodies last night and the consumer unit (Crabtree 15 way) is huge so it will need to be relocated out of sight.

I called ScottishPower this morning and they advised that we have to get them to reconnect the meter to the consumer unit - no choice - and they will send someone round to discuss our options and give us a price (always a cost :rolleyes: ) Not necessarily 3 metres as was first thought though, apparently they may let us have it further away with the right protection.

Will keep you updated - unless of course nobody cares! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back