Answers on a postcard pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been re dedecorating in my mums house pulled the switches off to remove the wall paper and found this.

Photo-0080.jpg

Photo-0079.jpg

I know the switch wire is flex so obviously will be replacing this. However, what concerns me is the green cable twisted with the live this disappears through the back box into the wall. Other side of the wall is another switch which i thought it might feed. Opened the switch another bit of flex but no green wire. Any ideas why this would of been done apart from them being numpty's which I already know.

Sponsored Links
But these are seperate switches controlling seperate lights not linked together in anyway. How would that work ?

Sponsored Links
Hmmm possibility I suppose but pretty shoddy way of doing it isn't it. Ill have a look behind the back box. Would there also be a live at the light end as well ?

who knows?

since it has been done as it is there is no way of knowing how anything has been done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back