Anti Rat insulation?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, we've had a few visitors in the loft again and I've had to bin the "fluffy" fibreglass insulation. They seem to enjoy living in that?.

Obviously I need to fit some more but is there any that's less inviting to rats?, was thinking solid blocks (Kingspan) may be better?.

I'm pulling the board out of the middle and shuttering off son they can't get under that but looking at it they've been living neat the eves?.

Put some bat down but it's not been touched yet.

Cheers, Keith.

Sponsored Links
Well.. Gone through one side of the atic, pulled insulation from sides and noggin off the middle boarded bit. So just dealing with the eves sides now.

Nice way to spend your weekend off!.

I think they are coming in through both sides (Council houses) so I'm a bit fxxked really, living the dream.

I will say Wickes CLS timber is great quality and reasonable price, saved my bacon today.

20220411_144001.jpg
20220411_143956.jpg

Once they have a path, they will chew through almost anything in there way.

Broken glass and chicken wire mesh they don't like, they get fed up with steel also.

Ideally need to get to the root cause

Sponsored Links
Yeh I've got some cameras coming to see what's happening.

It's a bit of a p1sser really, I bet both sides have had noises but not for them to deal with..

Apparently, they don't like wire wool. It cuts their nose if they try to chew through it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back