Anti-seize paste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be assembling a new gravity smoker. (Think auto feed charcoal BBQ)
Been suggested to use anti-seize compound on the various screws & bolts.
They are typically M4 Steel black painted machine screws.

Any suggestions for an anti-seize paste /thread dip.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'd go for white ceramic brake grease - available from motor factors.
It withstands heat much better than Coppaslip or whatever.
John :)

OK ..I have a small tin of white ceramic grace grease from when I changed disc brakes on my car ...I'll use that then.

Sponsored Links
I like the concept, gives all benefits of a pellet smoker/grill without running costs of pellets. Any charcoal goes in, lump wood, briquettes.
it gets up to temp in less than 10mins, digital control keeps set temp spot on, up to 4 meat probes gives you detail of how cooks are going, can all be controlled or monitored by an app.

Last edited:
The copper has the curious advantage that it works even after the grease base has all burned away. I've removed old manifold nuts where there was nothing but a dust of fine copper particles remaining on the threads, and they were not seized.

Contrary to the marketing, it has no advantage over other lubes at lower temperatures.

My current vehicle has a lot of aluminium, so I don't use copper grease any more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back