Anti slip rug mat/underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Can someone advise what's the best thing to use under a rug to avoid it slipping?

The rug is going on a titled floor.. I have used all sorts off anti slips mats from B&Q and IKEA but they are all useless..

Please can you advise what works best in your experience

Sponsored Links
Rubber backed in our house on tiled floors and not had one slide. (In fact it can be a pain to position them precisely because they won't slide!)

Rubber backed in our house on tiled floors and not had one slide. (In fact it can be a pain to position them precisely because they won't slide!)

Thanks, can you share a link of what kind is it? That sounds promising

Sponsored Links
Google "anti-slip rug underlay". Loads of them on the market (including Amazon) - I actually bought the last piece from a stall on Skipton market where they had a roll and cut it to length. It was the rubberised open net type.

As an aside it makes a great anti-sllp base for many woodworking tasks such as sanding and routing

I had the ikea one before and it gets scrumpled under the rug and loses the grip.

Can't remember where we actually got the mats from, probably Dunelm Mill, (or Dunelm as it now seems to be called), but I've also used that anti-slip matting that JobAndKnock refers to. It's great for keeping your tools, such as spanners, hammers, rules etc, in place in your tool drawers. I got mine from Amazon a number of years ago. I tried some thin white stuff once but the slightly thicker green one is much better. Can't remember the maker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back