Anti Spyware

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago, someone mentioned Microsofts' Anti Spyware Beta 1 in a post. I downloaded it and thought it was great - got rid of a lot of "stuff" which should not have been there. However, now whenever I run the quick scan, this program finds the same browser modifier. The strange thing is that the only modification it seems to make is to change my home page to MSN, another gem from Mr. Gates! Does this sound familiar to some of you?
No doubt when the 1st July comes around, all who have downloaded this software for free will be asked to cough up some hard earned in order to continue to use it. And all just to remove Microsofts' own browser modifier?:mad:

Sponsored Links
Go to www.safer-networking.org and download Spybot Search and destroy. It's free, it contains no spyware of its own and it will not modify your home page to advertize itself.

There are many extras hidden in Spybot. The Immunize feature uses a little known part of Windows to redirect all calls to known rogue sites back to your own PC (where they fail to connect). You can also check your startup list which, you will find, has many more programs on it than you can see in your start menu. It blocks pop-ups too.

Sponsored Links
ferdinanddebargos said:
A while ago, someone mentioned Microsofts' Anti Spyware Beta 1 in a post. I downloaded it and thought it was great - got rid of a lot of "stuff" which should not have been there. However, now whenever I run the quick scan, this program finds the same browser modifier. The strange thing is that the only modification it seems to make is to change my home page to MSN, another gem from Mr. Gates! Does this sound familiar to some of you?
No doubt when the 1st July comes around, all who have downloaded this software for free will be asked to cough up some hard earned in order to continue to use it. And all just to remove Microsofts' own browser modifier?:mad:

You can use what ever home page you want. Mine is set to BT internet. after a scan its always the same BT. Look at the settings option.
Regards
Quick Fit

Back