Anti syphon trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have noticed occasional drain smells in the bathroom, that seems to come from the bath plug hole. As there is a shower (and sink), the bath is rarely used, and just by running a little water in the bath, the smells goes away.
The bath trap is not very deep so I could change it over for one with a bigger U bend. Or would I be better in fitting an anti syphon trap. I know little about them. Assuming the sink and the bath are connected on the same line out, does it matter which I connect it to?
Thanks, Graham

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the bath trap is either drying out or being syphoned by one of the other bathroom fixtures. Either get a deeper trap or remember to run the bath now and again to re-fill the trap.
Unless you know for sure that the bath trap is being syphoned an anti syphon may not be the answer as the trap may simply be drying out.

Fit a Hep V O waste valve with a 90 degree adaptor straight onto the bath waste:notworthy:

Fit a Hep V O waste valve with a 90 degree adaptor straight onto the bath waste:notworthy:

As Nige say's, it will act like a AAV the HepVo valve will open under any negative pressure that would normally "pull" a shallow trap, then seal again once the pressures have equalised.

Because there is no water seal the valve can't be "pulled" or can't "evaporate" and are low profile compared to traditional traps, so you don't need to raise baths, shower trays or chop holes in the floor.

It's important when installing it Horizontally to make sure the ribs on the moulding are facing downwards.

The part numbers that you will need for 40mm (1.1/2") waste are

40mm HepVo valve CV1 WH

40mm Knuckle Adaptor CV11 WH

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back