Antisulphate recommendations pre plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi not sure if this is the best forum for this question. We had damp on a wall which has now been identified as being caused by rising damp. A chemical DPC has been injected and we need to use an antisulphate on the wall to neutralise the salt before it's re-plastered using sovereign renderlite renovation plasters. The sovereign antisulphate doesn't seem to be sold in many places and is twice the price of other ones my partner has found but have no idea if they are any good.

The one's he's looking at is Rempro Salt neutraliser, does anyone have any experience of whether it's any good or should we just stick to the sovereign one. I'm happy to pay the extra as don't want to be hacking plaster off again if it doesn't work but my other half thinks we should use the rempro one.

Sponsored Links
A bit of an exaggeration , trying to emphasise the point that chemical dpc is enough of a hit and miss operation as it is. throw everything you can at it £££. it’s going to be on there a long time.

Sponsored Links
What’s the price on a bag of their plaster these days?

A bit of an exaggeration , trying to emphasise the point that chemical dpc is enough of a hit and miss operation as it is. throw everything you can at it £££. it’s going to be on there a long time.

Good point I don't want to be doing this again any time soon!

What’s the price on a bag of their plaster these days?
I've found a place that does the renovating plaster for just under £25 a bag and the skim at around £19 so not too bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back