Antivirus XP 2008

Rob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone heard of this. Got on my laptop somehow today and is causing nothing but trouble. (toshiba equim a110-233)

Basically trying to make you buy antispyware for false infections on the PC.

Ive followed a few online guides for removal which have half worked. It invloved going into 'regedit' and deleting neccessary files.

In the end gave up and purchased stopZIilla (lol) after their scan still found 12 files of 'antivirus' i hadn't deleted.

Its now saying the computers clear however when searching google my search seems to be going via 'analitic-checks'?? It brings searches up ok but every clicked there after just opens a new tab of advertising.

Any ideas?

Also any advice to have it repaired professionally if needed. what to ask for and likely fees. The laptop aint worth much but have just spent £50 upgrading the RAM so want it fixed really

Thanks (from someone not too comp. literate)

Sponsored Links
It is nothing to worry about http://www.google.com/analytics/

However virus you had is apart of Smitfruad and it is very very difficult to remove properly, you might find it comes back again. Is formating the computer out of the question? sometimes its easier to do that than keep having to deal with it when it comes back.

Why did the RAM cost so much btw?

Thanks jd.

I got the memory from Crucial which ive just checked was £35. Quite pleased with it.

I'm assuming formatting means to completly restore the PC. Is this straightforward? Would i need all the original Windows discs etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cheers Dave. Ill give that a try first. (when i get my patience back) How you guys do this i dont know. :D

Rob

I've just fixed a Smitfruad PC with Malwarebytes last night :). It dosn't always work though.

Yep to format it you will need your Windows CD, COA licence, drivers and the CDs for other software you might have such as Office.

Installing windows is very easy, the hard part is backing everything up and finding all the drivers, can be very tricky if its a home built PC as you have to go onto taiwaneese motherboard sites to get them.

Back