Ants in the garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our garden has always suffered from ants - we get lots of little earth mounds appearing throughout the summer. Is there a product will can kill the ants (or maybe for you nature loving people send them to the neighbour's garden!!) without turning the garden into a toxic no go zone as I have a 19month old girl who loves playing in the garden.

Thanks for any useful suggestions.

Steve

Sponsored Links
I always use "Raid" an ant and cockroach killer if sprayed on them. It also forms a barrier which they won't cross (handy for spraying round window frames etc. that they enter through), can be quite hilarious watching the "fliers" trying to leave when the time comes and you've circled the exit with this! But It does nees re-doing periodically depending on the weather.
Oh, and once dry its pretty safe stuff.
Hope this helps.

a combination of borax, sugar and flour, mixed in equal proportions and sprinkled on the ant mounds is a method of eradication. No highly toxic chemicals involved here and ingredients are readily available. Effective in 1-2 days.

Sponsored Links
ants outnumber humans 1,000,000 to 1 :eek: , the odds are slightly against you...best of luck!

Hi just try Talcum Powder it's safe and they hate it........

Nippon does it every time for me.

Comes in a powder or liquid form and the beauty of it is that you only have to put down a small amount, around where you see the ants running, and they eat/drink it before taking it back to the nest and killing all the other from within.

You can see them all around it like a little water hole as they seem to love it.

If the ants are in the garden is it really a problem, apart from looking unsightly. Little fingers will soon learn to keep them out of the ant hills.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back