Any advice on fitting box section metal sheeting? Overhangs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the roof sheets delivered and I need to cover 5650mm along the roof. I laid out 6x 1m wide sheets(32/100mm) and tinkered with them to see how best this fits the width of the shed. The barge flashings are 250/150mm so the 250 goes on the roof surface and ideally needs to capture two of the ridges of the sheeting to prevent the wind getting under it. With this coverage should I just cut the sheets to fit the roof exactly? Or is there supposed to be overhang at the ends? I've tried googling this but all the results don't mention this...
Presumably without the barge flashings this would be necessary, but these flashings will protect the ends so should I cut them to fit the roof with no overhang?
The way the sizes are I can cut the sheets and bend down the full width of the excess valley on all 4 sides, which is giving added protection when the flashings go on...
Or if to save cuts I laid out the sheets and they fell short of the 5650mm they would still be protected by this 250mm overlap anyway?
Can anyone advise me on this? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sideflashing.jpg

Aye, had a think and will put the sheets down again and work it to the closest size without having to cut them...if that means they project X amount over the roof width as it is I can add battens to the gables to pack it out and that means the barge flashings will still catch the centres of the two raised ridges of the profiles...glad I never got carried away and got the grinder out!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back