any advise appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
have an engineered floor to fit 44sm. Going to nail it down 90degrees to existing floor boards with porta nailer. Whole downstairs , flowing room to room all running same way. have advised needs breaks at doors, but still not straight forward
my question is regards price.
i have an idea of a price for fitting the floor, say tenner a meter, but its the extra work that i always get caught out on.
there are 8 doorways which will all need undercut, plus the doors might need plained, kick boards under kitchen units will need removed, trimmed and re fitted. then theres the skirting which will need removing and refitting, plus moving all the furniture out and lifting the carpet. what way do you guys operate as regards these extras? do you add a few pounds per meter or charges 2 prices, one for fitting the floor one for extras, or do yous work on a day rate?
If it was a tiler or carpet fitter he would remove doors, tile/carpet, and simply tell client that they need a joiner to plain the doors to suit. But when fitting a wooden floor i feel i am expected to just do it.
I have been caught out quite a few times like this and just wondering if you guys had any advise.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
You got the job, but haven't given them a price yet? Cool!

You can fit a new floor but can't remove furniture or trim doors ?? Get organised lad !! You either do the whole job and charge accordingly or just fit floors... you will find the latter will get you less work and the former more problems !!

Know your limits and be straight with the customer..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back