any alpha experts-leaking boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. This is my first post so hope someone will be able to help. Just got in to find that my Alpha 240e has a small leak.

Its at the diverter valve. Just behind where the front piece (with the 2 thin tubes) meets the assembly behind. Happens when hot water has been run. There are 2 small screws behind this front piece, which means that this front section can be removed. The leak is from the small screw at the bottom.

Does this mean that a new diverter needs fitting or is there a service kit which will fix the proble.

Advice appreciated

Phil

Sponsored Links
It could be either a leak from the front ent end of the diverter valve, or the rear end of the flow switch( 2 thin tubes bit).
Repair kits are available for both.

It could be either a leak from the front ent end of the diverter valve, or the rear end of the flow switch( 2 thin tubes bit).
Repair kits are available for both.

Its definately not cominf from the front of the diverter section (the piece where the pin extends when i run the hot water tap) or from the 2 sensing pipes above. Just a small drip after i have run the hot water tap from behind and underneath this front section. there are 2 small screws top and bottom. The leak is coming from the bottom screw. Looks like if i undid the 2 screws this front piece would be able to be removed. So wondering if perhaps there is a damaged seal which could be replaced.

sounds like the divertor body what thay call a 3 port valve is letting by, usually around 150£ to replace.

Sponsored Links
The front end of the div vlv and the REAR end of the flow switch are joined together by those screws. It couls be either and my advise stands. Repair or replace both

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back