Baxi combi 105e small leak - advice sought

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I've discovered a small leak on the front of the diverter value of my Baxi 105e and I would like your opinions before I shell out £90 for a whole new assembly.

The leak appears to be coming from the front where the microswitch bracket is mounted over. Is there an O ring behind this that is likely to be leaking and can be replaced? There aren't any leaks from any where else (judging by the fluff produced by the tumble dryer.... I've attached a photo to show you what I mean.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
At £14 vs £75 I think I'll try the kit first and clean up the assembly. If that doesn't fix it I'll replace the assembly. Is £75 a normal price for the assembly?

If you have the time to do it, take the the thing apart, and soak it in FX2. It will come out as clean as you could want it.
Rinse thoroughly, (it is mild acid) and rebuild. I think they include a bit of silicone grease. If not you can use hightack grease.
Easy enough job.

Ok, so I have the new diagram, gland & gland seal fitted. But the kit also came with a very small O ring, which wasn't in the assembly I removed which suggests that it might have corroded away completely.

Can anyone tell me where it is supposed to go??

It should go on the spindle that pops out to activate the microswitch.

Did you not get a plan with the parts.

No plan, just the parts in a plastic bag. I figured it out in the end. All done and working normally with no more leaks!

Thanks for the help.

I always thought they were meant to leak :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
If OP checks it in 6 months, it'l be leaking again :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back