Any Archers out there

Sponsored Links
Hi I did try Archery for a while when I was much younger and I can confirm that a 40lb draw is a bit too much for a beginner. I expect there are better sighting options these days compared to a simple pin and sticky tape :)
but the clicker was usefull of course. Can you tell me if there are many significant changes in present day Archery compared to say, 25 yrs ago? and are there any legal restraints ie possesion/registration ect in force? many thanks.

No, no restrictions in place

As with everything there have been improvements in materials meaning, bows shoot faster, arrows are stiffer and lighter but the basic technique is basically the same.

No, no restrictions in place

As with everything improvements in materials have improved, bows shoot faster, arrows are stiffer and lighter but the basic technique is basically the same.

thanks, It had occured to me that a bow with a comparitively 'easy' pull might not be strong enough to tackle a york or a hereford round. Is it possible to have some kind of 'multiplier' system on the draw string?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you are describing a compound bow. They work on a cam system meaning that at a given draw point the pressure eases to approx 20% of the draw weight. (You still have to pull through the full draw weight to get there though).

Back