Any combis beefy enough for two showers?

bb really just **** off and die. everytime anyone asks you a question you either quote yourself irrelevantly or call them a bathroom fitter. its insulting to heating engineers and bathroom fitters alike. you're a fraud and an uneducated cock end. i know i said i would no longer refer to you and i know you get a wierd little sex kick out of winding people up but you need a new punchline. that and some serious counseling. did your mother not love you enough? boarding school was it? or just a tiny penis?

and when you spout a nonsense reply to this, be a ****ing man and answer my question. i know you wont but ill at leastask you too. and you will call m,e an idot bathroom fitter. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
bless, i will miss him when he gets barred.
i have blocked his posts as it is just a waste of time reading them, but often pi55 myself when i read the reactions

Oh no!!! A potential bomb and an annual service charge for the privilege of storing this TNT. .

Could you tell me how many of these "Bombs" have gone off in the UK. The only one I can find is a rigged one on youtube.

Do you want to see bodies first? Any intelligent engineer can see a great problem with these devices. Once the install base is large and old expect to see the odd kaboom. Especially the poorly fitted and not service versions.

The Titanic wasn't supposed to sink either.

That doesn't answer my question :rolleyes:

You are constantly falsely claiming unvented cylinders are potential bombs.

Not falsely. They are potential bombs as any intelligent engineer can see.

Now other than a few youtube vidio's of rigged cylinder explosions, where is your evidence to back up your claims, if you have it, I'll freely admit to being wrong.

You want to see bodies first don't you? Only then will you believe what intelligent engineers have been telling you.

You clearly cant back up the claim you repeatedly make. I have given you the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to make your case you failed to do so because you cant.

The fact is there have been no explosions of these cylinders anywhere in the UK have there, whats more, there is very little chance of that ever happening given the safety devices involved.

Now given that you are not a stupid man please explain to me why these cylinders should be considered to be potential bombs. Perhaps you can outline a scenario where all the safety devices failing together(extremely unlikely) so that your "bomb" goes off.

The answers you have already given on this and many other forums where I have seen your posts, do not as yet, make your case. Insulting those that do hold your view doesn't help you either.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies, particularly the on topic ones. ;)

I'm wondering if we perhaps ought to skip the two shower idea, and keep the bathroom as bath only when we refit it and look to install a shower just downstairs. That'd mean once the bath was run upstairs, then someone could still have a really good shower from a combi.

Andy

I have just had my boiler breakdown over christmas, and the house i am doing up has two bathrooms, one shower from the combi and one from a 10.8kw electric shower. Belt and braces, if one brakes at least the other one will hopefully work. I think the rate limiting step will be water flow when both are on at the same time.

"not a plumber just a diyer "

Thanks for all the replies, particularly the on topic ones. ;)

I'm wondering if we perhaps ought to skip the two shower idea, and keep the bathroom as bath only when we refit it and look to install a shower just downstairs. That'd mean once the bath was run upstairs, then someone could still have a really good shower from a combi.

Andy

you dont need to scrap the 2 showers. if you want them , have them. just remember that you probly cant use them at the same time. i see plenty of house with 2 showers off of a combi. use just use them sensibly. and if you're gonna fit a bath upstairs you may as well have a shower with it so you can hose off after the bath :idea: . perhaps even a nice free standing bath with a shower hose

similar to this maybe

kohl_pres_bath.jpg

Some odd ideas above!

In London 95% of the showers that I see are above the bath. The user just decides if they are to use the bath or shower.

Bath and shower upstairs, electric shower downstairs!

Tony

Yup electric shower is a possibility but part of the motivation here is to reduce my energy consumption and they seem to burn a lot of electric?

And I'm not sure how much point there is in having two showers if you aren't going to use them both at the same time, I may as well save the money and have just a bath and just a shower. Being able to clean the bath with the shower is good but otherwise if you fancied a shower you'd mostly want to use the standalone shower I'd figure so the shower over the bath would sit redundant. The other thing that is a problem is space, the upstairs bathroom is really quite small so unfortunately a decent shower bath just wouldnt fit. That one you posted gavinda, would fill the whole room probably! :LOL:

for illustration purposes only. :LOL: ..

the benefit is you can have a soak while someone else showers.

plus its an extra crapper....if a pan is installed.

the benefit is you can have a soak while someone else showers.

Yeah but we'd get that with just a bath upstairs and a shower downstairs though? Or did you mean one has a shower and one has a soak in the same place!? :eek: :eek: :LOL:

whatever floats yer goat. i just think if your gonna put a shower downstais and a bath upstairs, the extra cost of a shower upatairs isnt that prohibitive. i allways think when i see a bath without a shower that it looks a little cheap. unless its a great ****off bath in a wetroom.

Yep I doubt there will be much difference in cost as you say. It's just that keeping it bath only might give us a bit more flexibility in the design of the bathroom as the window ledge is in an annoying place (right where you'd want the shower).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back