Any Cornish Brexit voters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-55279468

Brexit: Cornwall to face 'significant' funding cut

Cornwall could be "significantly worse off" after Brexit, receiving just 5% of what it needs to replace EU funding, according to a local councillor.

As one of the poorest areas of the UK, Cornwall applied for £700m over 10 years from the government to replace EU payments.

However, there are fears that the county could get as little as £1.8m in the first year.

Downing Street has been approached for comment.

Cornwall councillor Tim Dwelly said Boris Johnson promised Cornwall the same investment that it got from the EU, according to the the Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS).

"He literally put that to the people of Cornwall in advance of the last general election and now he seems to have completely broken his promise," he said.

"Here in Cornwall the people who voted for Brexit and voted for the Conservatives did so because they believed or were told it was about taking back control and a commitment by our government to continue to support Cornwall.

Ah well, lies don't matter. Own it cornish folk.

Sponsored Links
Killed the Golden Goose.

Still want the eggs.

Wales is the same.

How do you know when Boris Johnson is lying?

The term "EU Money" is a misnomer; the money comes from the British taxpayer.

Sponsored Links
The term "EU Money" is a misnomer; the money comes from the British taxpayer.

So why is Bojo not going to give them every penny like he promised?

I thought it was about looking after our own? Even if they are handout scroungers?

Bojo has lied, undermined the position of PM yet due to the hit job done by the press, its Corbyn who is the danger.

Bojo only tactic is to divide and rule, no matter what people think of Corbyn at least he wants to bring people together.

The manipulated need to be guided, that may sound condescending and infantile but the press and media have not fulfilled their responsibilities here.

Brexit unleashed a myopic self destructive form of nationalism and Sturgeon has tapped into this.

This Nationalism only serves to divide people.

This country is broken. A self inflicted wound.

Brexiteers were Putins useful idiots.

Divide and conquer.

You pillory Bozza for inciting division, yet you yourself revel in it.
Twisted, spiteful , hypocritical.

You pillory Bozza for inciting division, yet you yourself revel in it.
Twisted, spiteful , hypocritical.

Triggered Brig.

So you can't defend his lies or his divisive tactics but are upset when they are pointed out. Yet you voted for him. Yes the hypocrisy indeed. (y)

How many rounds of searches did you make? 16? :mrgreen:

Yep, tough s hit...

Too ignorant to understand that they were net winners in the EU but will be shafted outside of it...

Just like lots of other ignorant areas of the UK who also benefited!

Triggered Brig.

So you can't defend his lies or his divisive tactics but are upset when they are pointed out. Yet you voted for him. Yes the hypocrisy indeed. (y)

How many rounds of searches did you make? 16? :mrgreen:

Triggered Kank.

I couldn't give a shiny one for Bozza.
I don't bother to defend his lies.
I couldn't give a toss for the bumbling prick, in any circumstances.
I didn't vote for him, nor the tory knob-gobbler that stood in my constituency. I actually took the time to write something similarly - worded on the ballot paper, to remove any possibility of doubt.
Just the one.

Over to you, oh wet one(y)

I couldn't give a shiny one for Bozza.
I don't bother to defend his lies.
I couldn't give a toss for the bumbling prick, in any circumstances.
I didn't vote for him, nor the tory knob-gobbler that stood in my constituency. I actually took the time to write something similarly - worded on the ballot paper, to remove any possibility of doubt.
Just the one.

Twisted and spiteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back