Pennies for Pounds - Cornwall gets 1p for every £1 the EU Gave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
About time they stood on there own feet, can't rely on handouts forever...... I'm alright with my free holidays and cash for questions though...

About time they stood on there own feet, can't rely on handouts forever...... I'm alright with my free holidays and cash for questions though...

The problem with that line of thinking is - a great deal of northern areas were left to fend for themselves when in the 80s manufacturing contracted - without an industrial strategy in place to manage the decline and investment this has led to poor outcomes - both in terms of GDP, health, social cohesion.

People have then left these areas to seek employment and prospects in cities as we have move to a more service sector based economy.

The EU funding helped the transition and provided needed investment. To dismiss it as handouts is missing the point.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/government-replaces-cornwalls-eu-100m-6175325

Councillors have questioned the Government’s commitment to replace Cornwall’s EU funding after it was announced that Cornwall will get just over £1million from the pilot scheme to replace the cash.

Yes they voted for Brexit. I hope they enjoy their new found freedom and poverty swimming in their own effluent.

They got what they voted for. :LOL:

Well at least your happy over the caper

Sponsored Links
The problem with that line of thinking is - a great deal of northern areas were left to fend for themselves when in the 80s manufacturing contracted - without an industrial strategy in place to manage the decline and investment this has led to poor outcomes - both in terms of GDP, health, social cohesion.

People have then left these areas to seek employment and prospects in cities as we have move to a more service sector based economy.

The EU funding helped the transition and provided needed investment. To dismiss it as handouts is missing the point.

Sorry my sarcasm probably didn't come.out very well there.

I'm in agreement with you.

Eu funding !!!!! poppy cock!! ......did we get back a half of what we put in ?

With the vast majority of the Eu member states holding their hands out its obviously a damn ponzi scheme. Obviously those voting for Brexit weren't fooled like the remain dimwits.....plonkers !!

As gasbanni rightly points out, the "EU money" spent on Britain is actually British money raised from British tax payers.

Eu funding !!!!! poppy cock!! ......did we get back a half of what we put in ?

With the vast majority of the Eu member states holding their hands out its obviously a damn ponzi scheme. Obviously those voting for Brexit weren't fooled like the remain dimwits.....plonkers !!

Brexit red tape is costing more than EU membership did.

So effectively EU membership cost us nothing.

whose the dimwit Gasbanni…..

Why is Cornwall commercially depressed?

It has all the right ingredients, apart from transport links, so why is it's economy so stagnant?

Sponsored Links
Back