Any experience with new Vaillant ecotec 838?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any experince with the newest model of the Vaillant ecotec 838? I cannot seem to find any reviews, other than the somewhat generic Which review which scores all Vaillant boilers with the same score.

I therefore would like to know if you wonderful folk think it is any good and more specifically if you would recommend it (for a terraced house with 11 rads, 1 bathroom and 1 ensuite shower room)?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
only worth it if you have the mains coming in at about 20l/m and you like quick filling baths...

Do you really want to fill your bath at that rate?

Otherwise, it is totally over the top.

As for the boiler. It is a good improvement, and if installed properly it will service you well. Not my favourite, but I was impressed when i went to Vaillant the other day to have a play.

Joint 3rd on my list of preferred boilers.

Thank you both for the feedback.

Dan: what are your first and second preferred boilers?

Sponsored Links
Intergas/Atmos (effectively the same - Atmos sell Intergas' new and older range).

Then Atag - although they are not going to go in a kitchen - Utility or garage or big cupboards only.

David937: Yes it is the the Ecotec 838 exclusive. I get around 15-17 litres per minute of waterflow (static) and 2 - 2.5 bar pressure (static), the variations depending on the time of day I tested. Waterflow may actually be better but for the time being runs to the main kitchen sink tap and garden tap through 15mm copper pipe. Dynamic pressure variies from 1 - 0.5 bar. I'm hoping that I can at least run one shower whilst someone else is using water elsewhere!?

Dan: Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back