Any idea what this fitting is called??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks

I'm hoping someone might be able to give a proper name to this fitting from my little one's cotbed? It is referred to as a 'base bracket nut' in the instructions...one side of one of the nuts has sheered off so I need to buy a replacement...ideally something a bit better quality!
images

As far as I can tell it's a type of cap or sleeve nut (i think it's an m5 thread), the bolt is able to pass through the nut and it's tightened with a large screwdriver/coin.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Attachments

• fixings.PNG
    fixings.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 160
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
unfortunately these nuts attach to a bent bolt

Ah, I see. I thought you would be able to tighten it from underneath, but obviously not then.

I think you are going to struggle to find the exact 'open ended' sleeve nut like that, the whole point of a sleeve nut is to conceal the bolt so it looks nicer and is more flush, so they shouldn't have a hole in the top!!

You could drill down into the wood with a flat spade drill bit to create a recess and fit a serrated flange nut...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111655968949
This would certainly be a strong fixing, the flange acts like a washer, spreading the load and the serrations will prevent it working loose over time.

Gaz :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back