Bathmaster Deltis Bathlift

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. This enquiry does not seem to fit into any other category (it does not seem even to fit into this one — DIY — but here goes).

My wife uses a Bathmaster Deltis bathlift, and has done for about three years. After I unpacked it and did a test-run with it, it worked fine, so I discarded all the leaflets etc. that came with it. Recently, it has become noisy when it is rising or lowering. I notice that, on either side of the tube that runs up the rear of the back-rest, there are two large wing-nuts (the tube goes through a large kind of bracket — that's the only way I can describe it, though it is not really a bracket, it's a fitment of some kind, and the wing-nuts are situated one on each side of this fitment). I have no idea what these nuts are for, or on what basis they might be adjusted. I have tried tightening them AND loosening them, and they seem to be quite superfluous to requirements (they don't seem to make any difference, though I know that they must be there for a reason, of course).

Can anyone enlighten me as to what they do, and how they ought to be adjusted, and why?
Thanks for clear instructions, as to an idiot.
In hopes,
L.L.

Sponsored Links

Thanks very much for the link, Foxhole. However, though the user manual shows the wing-nuts (and even has a numbered arrow that points to them, as all the other components have), there is no list that corresponds with the arrowed and numbered parts, as one might have expected to see. So, the wing-nuts remain a mystery for me. After studying them again, and trying to either tighten or unscrew them altogether (I can do neither), I have come to the conclusion that adjustment of them could not have been intended and that they must be left as they are.
Thanks again. No one could have done more than to provide the user manual!
L.L.

Thanks very much for the link, Foxhole. However, though the user manual shows the wing-nuts (and even has a numbered arrow that points to them, as all the other components have), there is no list that corresponds with the arrowed and numbered parts, as one might have expected to see. So, the wing-nuts remain a mystery for me. After studying them again, and trying to either tighten or unscrew them altogether (I can do neither), I have come to the conclusion that adjustment of them could not have been intended and that they must be left as they are.
Thanks again. No one could have done more than to provide the user manual!
L.L.
Do you have a pic of wing nuts could'nt see any in instructions.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a pic of wing nuts could'nt see any in instructions.
Foxhole, they are not very well-defined, but the number of the arrowed items is 11. Anyway, I'm attaching a photo of the rear of the back-rest, where they are situated.
L.L.

Attachments

• Rear of back-rest, Deltis.jpg
    Rear of back-rest, Deltis.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 72
Give them a call and ask :
PLEASE NOTE :
DUE TO COVID-19 WE ARE RUNNING REDUCED HOURS
CALL 01462 678050 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE AND SOMEONE
WILL GET BACK TO YOU

CALL 01462 678050 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE AND SOMEONE
WILL GET BACK TO YOU
Thanks for the suggestion, lostinthelight. I had intended doing that (after I had found a non 0844 number), but had forgotten to look for a number that would not cost me the earth. The one that you have supplied will do fine for me. Eventually, I shall let you know the result. I shall need to find a convenient time, now, to call them.
Appreciatively,
L.L.

Don’t look like wing nuts , seem to be molded onto unit .
Yes, that's the impression that I had, when they would not unscrew. The puzzling thing is, why do they have "easy turn" wings on, if they are not meant to come off or adjust?
L.L.

Yes, that's the impression that I had, when they would not unscrew. The puzzling thing is, why do they have "easy turn" wings on, if they are not meant to come off or adjust?
L.L.
Probably just to protect user from any sharp edges .

"Thanks for the suggestion, lostinthelight. I had intended doing that (after I had found a non 0844 number),"
I take it you look on www.saynoto0870.com to find alternative numbers?

Yes, I do. (though, to someone that did not know about that website, that would be a very valuable tip!)
I did ring the number (you saved me the trouble of looking for it on "say no"), and they put me through to someone that they said would be able to help. This person came on the line, and said that they had a Deltis bath-lift on the premises, and he would look at it, and ring me back (which he did). As soon as he said, "I will take a look at it", I knew that I was wasting my time (I had already done exactly the same, and was no wiser). He rang back, and said that he could not say what they were for etc. (though he did refer to them as "retainers", which description, he said, was in the User Manual (I never saw it, and I looked very carefully, as I thought).

The bottom line is that I am no wiser than I was at the beginning. However, since they cannot be unscrewed or tightened, it would seem that there is no need for me to do anything about them.

Thanking all that have commented or tried to help,
L.L.

I would agree with Foxhole, they are just snap on covers.

Back to the original noise problem. If it has been used a lot, it might be simple wear and tear on the gearing.

Back to the original noise problem. If it has been used a lot, it might be simple wear and tear on the gearing.
Yes, Harry, I suppose it could. As I write, it's still working, and I shall just hope that it will work for a long time yet. And when it eventually fails, we shall buy a new one.
L.L.

All I can come up with is that the intention is to fix the back rest to the tube to give more strength to the back rest. The screws clamp the unit to the tube, and the brackets that are moulded into the back rest then have to be secured to the clamped unit. I think that's what the "wing nuts" do. Although I'm not sure how it fixes into the clamped unit - threaded? glued?
Either way, there is a crack in your clamped unit, but I can't see it causing any mechanical noise during use. Does the noise come from the top of the back rest where the motor is or from the bottom where is pushes/pulls the seat mechanism?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back