Kitchen fitters stretcher plates or angle brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend where to get stretcher plates or angle brackets of different sizes that are adjustable both vertically and horizontally at the same time.

Looked at all the diy stores and ebay etc and they all seem to have brackets that have two slots on the same side, meaning you can only adjust them in one plane per bracket. Most kitchen fitters seem to recommend using ones with a slot running on a different axis on each side, so you can adjust in both planes on the same fitting.

I can see why they recommend these, because you end up getting it level in one plane, and then find using the screw hole on the other side sends it off level in another plane.

I also need some really large ones to cover some awkward service gaps! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can anyone recommend where to get stretcher plates or angle brackets of different sizes that are adjustable both vertically and horizontally at the same time.

Looked at all the diy stores and ebay etc and they all seem to have brackets that have two slots on the same side, meaning you can only adjust them in one plane per bracket. Most kitchen fitters seem to recommend using ones with a slot running on a different axis on each side, so you can adjust in both planes on the same fitting.

I can see why they recommend these, because you end up getting it level in one plane, and then find using the screw hole on the other side sends it off level in another plane.

I also need some really large ones to cover some awkward service gaps! Thanks
Never had a need myself, can't see why you would need them, if you have a gap you screw a timber to the wall to narrow it. You only need to align on one plane before securing, two would allow thing to move out of alignment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back