Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I recently moved house and am trying to get the study sorted. I have mounted the wall rails for some shelves I had in my old house, but unfortunately most of the shelf brackets were lost during the move. I've bought a few others online that are the same length (170mm) but none of them are fitting into the slots! It's hard to tell but looking at the shapes of the protrusions on the brackets, my old ones are a slightly different shape (shallower?) to all the new ones I've tried. I wonder if anyone can help me find the same shape as my old brackets so I don't have to scrap the lot and start anew.

The bracket I need to source is on the left and behind in the last photo. A new one is alongside it to try to show the difference in shape. Length of both is 170mm. The length of the top slot of the one to match is 17mm, bottom cut-out just 6mm.

Bracket 1.jpg

Bracket 2.jpg

Bracket 3.jpg

Bracket 4.jpg

Sponsored Links
spur shelving do one just like that, but there is another make very similar, I guess one imperial and one metric as they take some persuading to fix to each other.

Vice clamp and grinder. Grind them to same size?

Sponsored Links
Thanks all! After exhausting Amazon, Homebase, EBay, Screwfix… we finally found brackets in Leyland that seem to be compatible! Now I just have a broad range of brackets to return. Lesson learnt: don’t try to mix and match brackets and wall mounts.

from memory a little bit of work with a file and they were interchangeable to the rails I had

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back