Any ideas with this please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hopefully u can see attached pick. I had the whole kitchen plastered and I'm not happy with the overall job at all. Any ideas what I can do with this bit I don't like it at all! Could I chisel out that section of window sill then just skin over the remaining to make it look more normal? - any advice really appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 144
Sponsored Links
I wouldn't go anywhere near that with a chisel. Just use a scraper to get rid of any proud bits we can't see, and then fill and feather away with a drop of readymix or easifill. Lightly sand down the area when it's dried out, then you''re ready to paint.
A poor job though, if a plasterer left it like that.

Ljjt, good evening.

Looks like the end of a timber sill, where the sill has been taken past the window reveal and along the wall.

To test the above, gently tap a nail into it.

What does the other end look like? i it similar?

Yes you could chisel back the timber if indeed it is timber? but you may need to ensure that both ends are equal.

As for skim yes that is a possibility once the timber is removed you can simply carefully fill the gap or gaps.

Ken.

Thanks ever so much for the replies, really appreciated. Yes it is timber, shall I just sand it all down then and smooth over?

Sponsored Links
Ljit,, I mis-read your post. I never read the bit about the window sill being cut back.
If it was me, I'd mark where I wanted the sill to end, then carefully make a vertical cut each end of the window sill. I'd then get a wood chisel and carefully chisel off the waste, just beyond the flush, ( couple of mm). You can then use a filler and a bit of mesh tape over the area, leave it to set, then flush it of with a drop of ready mix, then sand down when dry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back