Any installed Nest? Back box?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Anyone who has installed the Nest thermostat, can you confirm if the mounting plate for it is compatible with standard single metal back box? My current thermostat is (Ie the wires go into the back box, and then the thermostat mounting plate fixes onto the back box using the 2 screw arrangement) and I want to put the nest thermostat in the same place.

Thanks
Matt

Sponsored Links
I think that the Nest is designed to be mounted on any flat surface without needing to use a back box.

The screw fittings are certainly of a roughly similar spacing but I cannot say without measuring mine if they are exactly the same.

Tony

I havnt done it but pretty sure the mounting plate will attach to the back box no problem

Sponsored Links
Most RF devices don't perform best with a metal pattress.

If you must fit it on a back box, which is totally unnecessary, then at least use a plastic one to avoid RF shielding!

Tony

It's not an issue the thermostat and heat link will be about 4 meters away max.

Ps, It is nescessary in my setup.

Otherwise I would have a massive hole in the wall where the old thermostats are located. Can't remove the back box or fill as is just been wallpapered.

Im just bumping this as I could do with knowing as I want to order the new one with hot water control.

Anyone know for sure?

At the recent training they confirmed it fits standard box screws.

Are you sure your system is suitable for Nest 3 ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back