Any luck with MPs or councillors?

Sponsored Links
I fear the American stereotype of English people with bad teeth may come true.

Maybe not typical but when I was working out in the States a mate of mine needed urgent dental treatment. Not only did he get it straightaway but it was cheaper than the UK - and that was a few years ago!

If it's any consolation apparently 2-jags couldn't find a local NHS dentist either!! :LOL: Maybe something'll happen now.

My ex-dentist Denplan,

The way Denplan works is depending how healthy your teeths are and a monthly payment start from £15 to £50.

My ex-dentist who I've been with for 31 years (also a friend of mine) has 2900 clients on his book. Under Denplan my dentist is taking on 1400 clients leaving 1500 to find another NHS dentist. We have now 9000 without NHS dentist in my area alone and many more dentists are going to Denplan because of less hours and a big payrise.

Let pretends 1400 clients is on the minimum payment of £15 per month.

1400 x £15 x 12 months = £252,000.

Denplan running costs at 10% = £25,200

Therefore £252,000 - £25,200 = £226800.

Materials cost not sure but let say 30% = £68,040

Dentist salary approx £158,760 Old salary £40- £50,000

£100,000 pay rise for 3 to 4 days week, so more money for less hour. Can you blame them ? This is on minimum £15 per month.

I have now found a NHS dentist 8 miles away with 9 months waiting lists.

Tony Blair 2001 : Everyone will have a NHS Dentist by 2001, but how if all the dentist going onto Denplan for better conditions. Under NHS my dentists was working flat out because of government policy.

I've often wondered why I go to my NHS dentist and get charged £10 or so per visit, plus X-rays, plus any treatments. I've already paid, surely?

I pay a lot of money in tax and NI each month. Some might say that means I earn plenty so can afford it but with me repaying my student debt on top of this, for a job that is boosting the UK economy and reducing the UK unemployment figures by 1, I think I deserve some "free" treatment! Bah!

Right, I will let you all know how it goes trying to arrange an appointment with the relevant fascists to sort this lot out. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
I've often wondered why I go to my NHS dentist and get charged £10 or so per visit, plus X-rays, plus any treatments. I've already paid, surely?

I pay a lot of money in tax and NI each month. Some might say that means I earn plenty so can afford it but with me repaying my student debt on top of this, for a job that is boosting the UK economy and reducing the UK unemployment figures by 1, I think I deserve some "free" treatment! Bah!

Right, I will let you all know how it goes trying to arrange an appointment with the relevant fascists to sort this lot out. :lol:
Mind you we shouldn't tar all of them with the same brush, Kate Hoey when she was MP for Lambeth, Helped things move very quickly, being extremely sympathetic and concerned when my father was having problems dealing with the council's bureaucracy.

No, you're right, shouldn't make generalisations.

I will take my more selective tarring brush with me ;)

masona you are right of course about the £158K, however you missed a bit.

Tony and Gordon then take nigh on half of this off the dentist with 40% tax plus his NI and also save paying him under the NHS.

Double whammy or what?

Back