Any reason I couldn't use 10mm to sink/loo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am in the planning stage of renovating a house. I am using water manifolds in a cupboard and have loads of 10mm speedfit pipe available. I will be using mains pressure cold and mains through combi hot feeds.

Is there any reason why I couldn't use 10mm speedfit pipe to join from the manifold to cloak sink/loo and bathroom sink/loo? Obviously I will be using 15mm for bath, shower and kitchen sink etc. Most flexible tap connectors are 10mm bore and in the items above there wouldn't need to be any great pressure/flow.

Thanks
Jono.

Sponsored Links
Depending on the distance if you use the SAME 10 mm connection to supply the WC and the basin then after flushing the WC the flow at the basin might be too low.

It would be better to run a 10 mm to each outlet.

Tony

mmmmm, mains pressure, I reckon you could tee off for both from 10mm and it'd be good enough for a small w/c and hand basin. It's not the sorta place you let the local football team have a strip wash is it....

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Sponsored Links
Depending on the distance if you use the SAME 10 mm connection to supply the WC and the basin then after flushing the WC the flow at the basin might be too low.

I have more than enough 10mm pipe so I was thinking of running to each separately. That way no push-fit :rolleyes: connectors under the floor.

Jono_UK said:

I have more than enough 10mm pipe so I was thinking of running to each separately. That way no push-fit :rolleyes: connectors under the floor.

Absolutely and highly recommended. You don't need niagra falls at a hand wash basin - in fact its a waste of water if you are just washing your face or brushing your teeth. Run 10mm from your manifold to each wash basin, sink and toilet. 15mm should be ok for showers. Even 15mm to my bath fills it in around 5 mins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back