Any recommendations for bathroom shaver / toothbrush soctets?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one 1.5mm T&E cable that runs into bathroom on a spur from socket in the hallway. I want a mirror light, shaver socket and toothbrush charger (like this one I think).

Any recommendations for products and connection order?

Sponsored Links
Fused spur connector first with 5 amp fuse next to hallway socket. The connection order of the others doesn’t matter.

I can't seem to find a Fused spur connector first with 5 amp fuse ... only 13A ones.

Sponsored Links
Or you could power them from the lighting circuit. That is how most are done.

PS RCD protection is needed no matter if you Spur from socket circuit, or connect to lighting circuit.

Probably another daft question, but the Fused spur connector doesn't have to be outside next to the hallway socket, does it?
Currently, the cable goes straight out the back of the socket through the wall. It would be easiest and neatest if i connect a new cable, run it under the floor, then up through the boxing with the plumbing, then up the wall into position. If the Fused spur connector can sit in the vanity unit, that would be easier.... but guessing that it shouldn't be in the bathroom?

Lighting circuit - wish I knew that before tacking the cable under the floor starting the insulation!

It is not a socket, so it can be in the bathroom provided it is outside zones. And suitable for its position (e.g. not liable to be dripped on or splashed with water)

Great, so in the vanity unit, away from the waste and taps, it is. Handy.

it is less likely to get wet if it is higher up on the wall. basins overflow and pipes leak.

it does not have to be switched.

Can you get shave sockets with it combined? Then it could go on the wall ...

Maybe it will be easier to just drill another hole through the wall ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back