Any Recommendations For Pipe Freezing Machines?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At last, I think its time to invest in a pipe freezing machine. Can anyone recommend any machines for professional use? Are there any machines that I should avoid?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Well for starters i hope your not thinking about spray kits!!??

I have always used Freeze Masters stuff.

I run the 610 that they do and it has never let me down.

The main thing to consider is how you freeze in the first place, making sure pipes are cold, water isn't moving etc as this all adds up to freezing time.

I'm pretty sure that others will have their preferences but i can only go on what has served me well.

I used to use a rothenberg? kit when I was changing fire hose in the old post offices a few years back. It used CO2 from a fire extinguisher and froze inch steel pipe in five or so minutes.
Have also seen somebody use liquid Nitrogen! That was more or less instant

Sponsored Links
the older rofrost gas kits are brilliant but now only available on ebay,the new version is pants.Will freeze upto 63.

Polar artic doesnt get in the same spaces and the jacket system doesnt do it for me.

Rofrost turbo and turbo2 are definately brilliant, be careful with them they get so cold they can actually split the pipe(i had this just yesterday on a 1.5inch iron feed exploding at -35).

Have used freezemaster units and found them to be a poor comparison to the rothy units(varying head temps, long time to freeze and poor freeze temps)

Cryo services are the next bit they'll make a clamp to suit and pour nitrogen(whilst it bubbling its safe to work,bubbles stop get your wellies)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back