any recommended books on plumbing/boiler fault finding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone have any books they would recommend on plumbing and boiler fault finding

Sponsored Links
the boiler manual. I wasn't being sarcastic its just that all though boiler types are the same each boiler is not the same as the next ( i think)

Could you say why, do you want basic background or high tech spec ?

hi cog, basic backgrounds,plumbing and heating systems

Sponsored Links
funny , i thought cog said Could you say why emphasis on the why

ive only been plumbing for a short while and wanted more info as you know knowledge is power

Once you have all this knowledge, and consequently all the power, what do you intend doing with it?

A lot of replies have a never ending circle in here CLARKO....

Why do you want to know that? What will you do with the information?... etc etc.

To be fair to the lads, they are trying to protect you and possibly Joe Public, from you, if you see what I mean. Can you give a more specific reason why you want this type of info and perhaps someone can help. I can certainly point you toward a couple of resources but (not being funny) I'd/we'd like to know why you need this. You see, most guys 'in the industry' will either know where to source this type of info or will know someone 'in the industry' who can point them in the right direction. So suspicions are raised when folk ask for books specifically on 'boiler fault finding'. Anyway, for Boiler Fault Finding I suggest a book on Black Magic as this is be the devils work!!!

This may be another example of why the CC helps to protect the public from non CORGI registered people who want to go out trying to fix boilers.

I have recently also come across several people fitting/repairing boilers when they are either just on gas courses or have obtained their ACS but are not registered ( because they have insufficient experience or dont want to pay the £600 to CORGI ).

Tony

CLARKO wrote

does anyone have any books they would recommend on plumbing

I would recommend R.D Treolar (second edition). Give's information on everything from welding equipment and safety to domestic soundness testing and purging and installation of gas fires etc.
An invaluable tool to the discerning diyer IMHO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back