Any suggestions where to get engineered floorboards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone has a any recommendations for a cheap supplier of engineered floorboards. Can get a trade account so this is not a problem, or should I go with someone like floors2go, flooringsupplies etc.

Would ideally like it to be under £15m2

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
For that price, very likely.
Is it good? I don't know what you're expecting as value for money so can't say yes or no

Sponsored Links
ok, I'll try to be more specific.

Will it be reasonably easy to lay? My dad who is a carpenter will be doing it. Or will it be a real pig.

Will it look cheap?

I don't have any experience of engineered boards so I don't really know what can go wrong with a cheap product as apposed to an expensive product. It's being laid in a dry room on top of chipboard that is nailed straight to beams.

It is all down to the quality of the construction and fabrication of the boards: are the T&G's straight and not too tight?
are the boards themselves really square edges i.e. not creating gaps between the joins
is the finish layer - varnish I think in this case - any good?

I don't know how this product is, only thing I can tell you is that our lowest priced good quality 3-strip Oak Rustic wood-engineered product almost installs it self and money wise - our purchase price almost resembles their retail price - but they are 'big' and we're small ;)

hmm, decisions, decision.

I don't think paying up to £20m is out of the question, there's just so many suppliers it's a bit of a minefield.

Thanks, I will.

Interestingly the floors2go cheap one is 14mm compared to the flooringsupplies 10mm.

We do do a wood-veneer ourselves too: £ 29.97 - because of the high quality and because it's an oiled 1-strip.
Online comparing like for like is always very hard, you can't really see what's what or why. That's also the reason why many of our website visitors ends up in our showroom to see, feel (and smell ;)) the wood in real life.

Thanks, I will.

Interestingly the floors2go cheap one is 14mm compared to the flooringsupplies 10mm.

Dont skimp on the flooring if you want it to lay well, look good, be hardy and strong, and last a long time...

Thats not to say that cheapo £15sqm flooring wont do the job.
it just wont do as good as job as the stuff WoodYouLike sells

Another thing to think of is how the product has been stored.
Bad storage practices can warp or twist the best wood..

There are so many suppliers online it is baffling. The thing is, only seeing a website doesnt give you any real info on the company or the people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back