Uneven Ply over Floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm trying to put down hardwood flooring over floorboards. I've put down 5.5cm thick ply to cover the uneven floorboards. I know the ply should prob be thicker but I got it cheap.

I've screwed down the ply but I get uneven bits (bumps) where the ply is screwed to parts of the floorboards that are uneven/raised. Means the hardwood flooring is not level. Any suggestions? sand down the ply where I have uneven bits? unscrew the ply in some parts so it raises the level?

Any suggestions? Is there a neat trick I'm missing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

BW

Chris

Sponsored Links
Where it is exceptionally bad you may need to lift the plywood, flatten (power plane/belt sand) the humps, refix the ply then screed out with a self-levelling compound such as BAL or Arditex first. Thicker ply would have helped. BTW we generally fix thin stuff on 150mm centres

Sponsored Links
You didn't need the ply. You could have put down the underlay, and then the hardwood floor. Is it click flooring, or have you glued it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back