Any Tips for Installing a Hansgrohe iBox?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to install a Hansgrohe iBox. I found the Youtube video really helpful, but I still have a couple of questions :

1) I'm at the absolute Minimum Depth, as it will be buried in a Stud wall, backing onto my lad's Bedroom. I was thinking if I could find a piece of Sheet Steel, which I could attach to the studs, flat against the Plaster Board, I'll get a sturdy job with minimum reduction in Depth. Any suggestions?

2) How good is Flexible Hosing? This would help me install as I wouldn't need to be as accurate with my pipework. Is this an option?

3) I was hoping to run 22mm to & from the iBox. Is this worth doing? I notice the internal holes are only 15mm. The connectors I got from B&Q are a fair bit shorter than the 15mm ones supplied by Hansgrohe. When I've screwed them in, they meet the Rubber surrounding the Inlets/outlets. Am I going to get a water-tight seal with these, or do I need something else?

Thanks for your help!!!

Sponsored Links
The fitting at the top is the 15mm adaptor that came with the ibox. The one below is the ones I got from B&Q. See how the threaded bit is shorter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back