Anybody breaking a Peugeot 406?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a desperate post here! I am on the lookout for a replacement engine support (Peugeot part number 9628311880), plus one of the bolts used to secure it to the engine (it uses a T50 torx head). This unit is the item the engine mount bracket fixes onto using three T50 torx headed bolts. For clarity, I have the 2.0 HDi 90 (think this is the DW10 engine).

I've attached a pic of the unit in situ on the car (with the mount bracket removed, showing sheared bolt) plus the unit removed from the car.

Car currently on stands with the engine jacked up for support. Can't get to a sprapyard for two weeks, and a bloke breaking two on eBay won't come back to me!

Attachments

• IMG_4745.jpg
    IMG_4745.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4753.JPG
    IMG_4753.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 50
Sponsored Links
I take it the current mount would be useable with the snapped bolt removed?

If you can get it to me in newark or want to post it I can probably remove the snapped bolt at work and return it to you.

I take it the current mount would be useable with the snapped bolt removed?

If you can get it to me in newark or want to post it I can probably remove the snapped bolt at work and return it to you.

Yes the support is currently useable, it's the bolt which is now almost flush with the surface of the unit making it impossible (or very difficult) for me to remove.

Thanks a lot for the offer (y) If I don't manage to find one in the next day or so I may be in touch. I would only be able to visit on a Saturday, though -- I could post if that doesn't work.

Thank you

If there's anyone near you they does fabrication they should be able to weld a nut on it.

Failing that worst case drill it all out, weld the hole up and drill and tap a new thread.

If you could post it you could probably collect it Saturday repaired.

Sponsored Links
Try searching just "2.0hdi engine mount", that parts probably common to loads of cars.

Try searching just "2.0hdi engine mount", that parts probably common to loads of cars.

It's not actually the engine mount, but the engine support block I need -- they are two different items unfortunately.

Found lots for sale in Europe, but people don't seem to be listing them separately here. As it's bolted to the engine I imagine most just keep it on there if the engine is sold.

If there's anyone near you they does fabrication they should be able to weld a nut on it.

Failing that worst case drill it all out, weld the hole up and drill and tap a new thread.

If you could post it you could probably collect it Saturday repaired.

Thank you, I'll let you know. My Dad has offered to go to the local scrapyard Tuesday to check two 406s there. Ben there since Spring so hopefully they have the engines!

Update if anyone's interested, scrapyard had one engine in there and the part I needed had already been taken! Managed to find 3 bolts on the floor though and picked up a few other 'good to have' bits.

Managed to source the main part from a salvage yard up in Northumberland, found it through a parts website where different suppliers compete for a quote. Engine's been left outside but the part is aluminium so no corrosion.

Sponsored Links
Back