Anybody had this happen to them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am workin' on a chimney on a street of Georgian buildings the exact street I put on my album of a renovation job we did and the guy stopped the work after I had rendered the front of the building. Well I am workin for the same guy again and this building is in the same block but along the street, any way I digress, all we are doin' is hacking the bottom of the chimney off and renewing soakers and broken slates where necessary. But on top of the chimney between the pots is a seagulls nest and the hen is sitting on it, and perched next to her on another pot is the cock. Well everytime I get up the roof ladder to do anything on the chimney the bleedin' cock keeps dive bombing me as he thinks I am after the nest. So there I am keeping as low as I can trying to render the bottom of the stack. At one point these bloody seagulls were squakin' that much I had 3 of them dive bombin' me my mate was p***in himself so what I did was lay some muck on and held my hawk up in the air and that frightened the muslim out of them all and I managed to get some muck on in peace..So my conclusion is seagulls are scared ****less of Hawks....

Sponsored Links
I am workin' on a chimney on a street of Georgian buildings the exact street I put on my album of a renovation job we did and the guy stopped the work after I had rendered the front of the building. Well I am workin for the same guy again and this building is in the same block but along the street, any way I digress, all we are doin' is hacking the bottom of the chimney off and renewing soakers and broken slates where necessary. But on top of the chimney between the pots is a seagulls nest and the hen is sitting on it, and perched next to her on another pot is the cock. Well everytime I get up the roof ladder to do anything on the chimney the bleedin' cock keeps dive bombing me as he thinks I am after the nest. So there I am keeping as low as I can trying to render the bottom of the stack. At one point these bloody seagulls were squakin' that much I had 3 of them dive bombin' me my mate was p***in himself so what I did was lay some muck on and held my hawk up in the air and that frightened the muslim out of them all and I managed to get some muck on in peace..So my conclusion is seagulls are scared ****less of Hawks....
:)

:) :D :D

Sponsored Links
They are a bloody nuisance Roy, but they are protected,, god knows why. You can use your hawk as an umbrella too. :cool: I agree with the air rifle method too Hudds. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back